Wednesday, May 2, 2007

More babies, more heat

I just posted the pictures that go with the last post, so please scroll down and take a peak! I don't have many new photos, especially since I was not quick enough this morning to catch the lizard who was making his way across the wall of the scrub room and into the operating theater.

I was introduced to a new tool today: electric flyswatter. Used in the OR. Didn't see it in action, but I'm sure it is quite effective.

I have been able to observe several surgeries and several caesarian deliveries. Yesterday we had a cardiac patient in labor. Learned after the delivery that her mitral regurgitation was asymptomatic but was being observed and set up for instrument delivery because she was known to have had rheumatic fever. Delivery went fine and mom and baby perked right up after delivery.

I will post new pictures after the weekend change of scenery. Hope to have lots of beautiful shots. Also hope to get a nice ac room with a real shower!!! What a concept!

Everyone enjoy the "cool" weather you are having for me. I dream about it every night. Let me know how everything is going with all of you. I love hearing from everyone!

Until next week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First!

I can say from firsthand experience that the electric flyswatters are fun to use, but not always effective - the mosquitos are fairly easy to get, but flies have a way of maneuvering out of the way and finding places to land that makes it impossible to get them. In addition, they are bulky enough that they don't quite swing like a regular flyswatter. A word of warning: if you touch both the outside and inside grid it will wake you up... fast!

Fortunately, I didn't have an occasion to visit a hospital during my trip to India, but it sounds very interesting from your descriptions, and not anywhere near as bad as I could have imagined. It seems that, as with a great many things, the Indian people make do and do quite well with the materials they have on-hand.

What is your favorite food so far?