Friday, April 27, 2007

I have babies in India!!








Yesterday my new friend Jennifer gave me a big hug after I came all the way to India just to catch her baby boy. I was so happy to be able to get to be there! Syed Ali Fatima doesn't speak English but gave me a big smile when we were taking pictures of her with her new baby girl. Both moms did great and I have to hand it to my team, the delivery room nurses who have learned all the new-fangled American techniques in record time and are a fantastic help.

Today when I cam home it started to rain frogs(!) I took a picture of this one after he fell through the open window onto my shoulder and I corralled him back out the window.

I wanted everyone to see the mango tree outside my window, so I took a picture of that as well.


Things here are very different but very interesting. The people here are very friendly and are all helping me a lot, especially at the hospital. Dr. Gigi and all of the doctors and nurses who work with her are great. I am taking pictures of everyone and will post as soon as I can get the photos to upload.

I am using my landlady's computer right now so I will hurry and post. Will add photos as I can!!

1 comment:

meg said...

Go Deborah!

I saw Betsy in Albuqurque on the annual herb and wine buying trip. She is impressed, so I forwarded her your blog information. I look forward to the pictures.