Friday, May 11, 2007

Varkala, babies and goats oh my




















I promise I have not been lazy, just hot and busy! Yesterday there were 3 ladies in labor at the sameI time and all delivered within 4 hours! I caught 2!These are pictures of Angel and her baby and Jeya and her baby. Aysha didn't get into the camera yet so I can't let you see her yet. I do need to watch how many of those 13 hour days I work, though. They tend to gang up on me after a few.


The trip to Varkala was very interesting. Nice scenery on the way. Even saw a field of windmills. Nice pretty hills and lovely sunset from the train and beach scenes while there.




This morning I had forgotten to set up a ride to work so I walked in and there were goats in the median at the intersection with the light, waiting to cross. Mama and 2 kids. It was "only" about 93 degrees so I didn't die.




I may go to the local beach tomorrow for a change of scenery. Dr. Gigi may pick me up and let me go with her and her girls. Her oldest daughter was the mc for the program the other night. The whole family has been so friendly to me, along with all the other staff at the hospital. It has been a joy working here. From what I hear from other volunteers, I must have the best placement in the country. People have been very accommodating and have welcomed me with open arms.




I hope everyone is doing well back at home and those of you abroad as well! I miss talking to you all and will try to Skype when I can!






1 comment:

Grahamki w Gdansku said...

Hi Debrah!
I see you are having fun in India.
We are doing really well and enjoing the cool weather here in Gdansk.
I stared my wn blog some time ago, it is all in Polish but you can see my pictures. The Addres is:
www.grahamkiwgdansku.blogspot.com
take care